Tampa Bay Steel’s Laser Center is made up of two Trumpf L3050 and two L3030 Laser Cutting Machines. The L3050/L3030 is a dynamic, high-powered flatbed Laser for machining both thick and thin sheet metal. The speed, precision, and reliability of our laser cutting machines can positively impact your operations and reduce costs. The laser cutting capability is a quantum leap forward in production speed and cutting precision for metal up to 3/4″ thick.
- Accuracy: Precision is repeatable to five thousandths of an inch. The rigid laser cutting machine base combined with an ultra-smooth drive system results in virtually no vibration, even at maximum speed of over 200 meters per minute. Optimal laser cutting results are achieved by an advanced process control that detects the position of the workpiece in real time and adjusts the distance to the cutting nozzle.
- Software: The CAD/CAM software solution that controls the laser cutting process gives infinite flexibility to create the exact part needed; the software that controls the laser cutting process was written specifically to release the potential of this advanced laser cutting machine.
- Material handling: Automated dual pallet changer with Liftmaster system.
- Material stacking capability: STOPA tower.
- Material size: 60 x 120 inches of working area.
- Material thickness: Mild Steel – 1″ max., Stainless Steel – 3/4″ max., Aluminum – 3/8″ max.
Coming in September 2016
Tampa Bay Steel’s Laser Center will feature a new Mazak OptiPlex 3015 Fiber Laser Cutting Machine. The OptiPlex 3015 will feature a 6.0 kW resonator that will greatly increase cut speeds over previous cutting technology. The OptiPlex 3015 Fiber can process flat sheets up 60”x120”. It will be paired with a two tower Tekmag storage/automation system. This storage/automation system will provide the increased load/unload speed necessary to keep pace with the faster cut speeds of the fiber laser.
Request a Quote
Metals Ready for Business™